With all the talk about emergency preparedness that we’ve been seeing lately, I thought I would pass this on to our community:
The BC Cattlemen’s Association has partnered with BC Ag Safe, with funding from Imperial Oil, to put on an “Emergency Management” workshop throughout the province over a nine week period starting February 27th. They will be covering topics such as how to safeguard your operation from emergencies such as fires and floods, how to create a safety plan, what to do in the midst of an emergency and who to contact for assistance and resources after an emergency.
These workshops are open to all agriculture commodity groups, as well as acreage/rural land owners. If you or another representative are planning to attend, please RSVP back to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-573-3611.
Below is a list of the workshop locations and dates, with venues currently being secured.
- Tuesday, February 27: Fort St. John 4pm
- Thursday, March 1: Vanderhoof 9am
- Saturday, March 3: Smithers 9am
- Thursday, March 7: Quesnel 9am
- Wednesday, March 8: 100 Mile House 9 am
- Wednesday, March 14: Kamloops 9am
- Wednesday, April 4: Williams Lake 9am
- Wednesday, April 11: Cranbrook 9am
- Thursday, April 12: Grand Forks 9am
- Monday, April 16: Penticton 9am
- Tuesday, April 17: Vernon 9am
- Wednesday, April 25: Comox 9am
They will be sending out a reminder invite, with the exact address in the next week, but look forward to hearing from you.